Saturday, December 25, 2010

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

Dear Brooklyn,
I thought I would take a moment on this quiet Christmas morning to remind you of some amazing Christmas memories. You and dad are asleep still at 6:15 am and for some reason you've been getting up 1-4 times a night this week, coming into our bedroom and thinking it's morning! (the dark mornings sure don't help either) so this morning I just couldn't get back to sleep when you came in at 5:30~ all I kept thinking was that it was CHRISTMAS morning!!!!
Dad- I mean "Santa"- stayed up later then me putting your train, scooter and truck together and in front of the tree! It looks so great and I am admiring it with coffee in hand, pandora Christmas playing and soaking it all in.
This Christmas season has felt the most "un-Christmas" I've ever had: we've been looking at houses, having ubber amounts of showings to work around, neither dad or I can really think of much we want or are excited about ( in the line of presents for ourselves) because we just want our own house and furniture for that house!
Of course, we've walked through the Rhema lights, drove through neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights (which you ADORE) baked and decorated gingerbread men with friends, decorated a gingerbread house with dad, sat on Chick Fil A Santa Cow's lap, watched Polar Express and Elf (we tried other movies... you were NOT feeling any of the other ones) we've shopped for lot's of gifts and you helped me wrap presents.... but really it all really FEELS like Christmas when you, me and dad are together opening presents!!! Maybe cliche but oh well.
Yesterday we started a new Christmas Eve tradition and went to the gym early and worked out! Let's just say I'm feeling a little sore from that work out! We joined this amazing new gym (Sky Fitness and Well-Being) They are a really cool kid's area with games, slides and coloring! I also promise you a bag of organic gummy bears after every gym visit... hmmm that's not bribery is it?
This week we just started a new game downstairs: I hide all your stuffed animals (all 10) and you and dad come downstairs in the dark with your flashlight and "search" for them! You LOVE this game and say" igain" after each round!
Well I better get some food prep started before you boys wake up!

Love & Merry Christmas my sweets-
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment