Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No More Dipes

Dear Brooklyn,
Lot's of new things are happening right now, one of them is that you are potty training! Wow. It's pretty crazy in the midst of remodeling our new house, conferences at church, bridal and baby showers and just life moving along!
You absolutely LOVE wearing pull-ups now and not "dipes" (that's what you and I call diapers) You feel so big and grown up and smile the biggest, sweetest smile when you talk about your pull-ups. We've been training about 2-3 weeks now and you go pee on the potty about 1-2 times a day, but mostly do the pee pee hoppy-ing around dance and then hide to go pee in your pull up.
But today you went while we were out shopping at Hobby Lobby!!! I was so proud of you and even though you got pee all over your Woody costume you were wearing... I'm so excited for you!
So lesson learned for mom: bring extra clothes while potty training.

I really cannot believe you are going to be 3 in... 3 months! Where did my baby B go? You talk so well now and it feels like I really have a companion during the day instead of just a listener :)

Recently we've been getting movies from the library for "family movie night" which includes: mom, dad and you sitting on the couch eating popcorn and watching a kids movie :) You love "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" "Toy Story 1,2 & 3" ok most anything Disney :) It's one of my favorite times together- looking at you cuddled up between dad and I.

Let's keep working hard on this potty training thing... you'll get soon!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment